Saturday, July 31, 2010

Corner Bookmark

I am actually posting something that is not a card which is very different for me.

I got the tutorial for this from Splitcoast Stampers in the Resource section.  If you have never checked out their site-you should.  They have a new tutorial each week.  I am addicted!!
This was my first try at this and embellishment wise it did not turn out the way I had envisioned it in my head, but I don't think it came out looking too bad.  I am going to play around with it some more and get one just the way I want it.  ; )
These would be great little gift for an avid reader and are REALLY easy to do.
Here it is:














I used the MS Doily border punch and a CB embossing folder for it.  The heart is a plastic embellishment I just had and of course the watercolor flowers.  I think the flowers are what ruined it for me since I did not like the way the coloring turned out on them, but that's what happens when you are in a hurry-which I was.
I used a flourish stamp and a white chalk ink pad to stamp it.
They really do make wonderful bookmarks and they don't slid around.

Let me know what you think and I will try to work on some more in the future along with some cards.

I know I have not been posting much and thanks you to those of you who have stuck with me.  With work and other personal issues it has been rough to find any time lately.

Thanks and Hugs~Sharon

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

My favorite color! Love the border & embossing on the bookmark. I definitely want to try this tutorial.

Suzanne said...

Really pretty!